Waiver - Please Read and Click SUBMIT Below
By submitting this form, I, the parent or guardian, of the named player(s)above in the Lake Bluff Youth Baseball Association program, hereby give my approval to his/her participation in any and all said Association’s activities. I assume all risks of personal injury and other hazards and losses incidental to such participation, including transportation to and from such activities. As parent or guardian I also do hereby waive, release and indemnify and agree to hold harmless the Lake Bluff Youth Baseball Association, and its officers, directors, employees, organizers, sponsors, participants, umpires, officials, coaches, coaches, volunteers, Board Members, and also persons transporting players to or from such activities, and against any connection with such activities, and further agree to pay on behalf of or to said Association all sums paid for which said Association shall become legally obligated to pay said participant as damages related to said participant, parent or guardian. Further I give my approval to the Lake Bluff Youth Baseball Association to publish or post on its website or in movies and pictures taken at Lake Bluff Baseball Youth Association games or events. I, as the parent or guardian agrees to this Waiver by submitting this form. I also agree to the Parental Behavior Guidelines and and Parent Code of Conduct posted below.
Parental Behavior Guidelines
Parents need to be reminded that children learn from their behavior. The following guidelines are issued to maintain a positive atmosphere and promote good sportsmanship.
• I (and my guests) will not engage in any kind of unsportsmanlike conduct with any official, coach, player or parent such as booing, taunting, refusing to shake hands or using profane language or gestures.
• I will not encourage any behavior or practices that would endanger the health or well being of the athletes.
• I will never ridicule or yell at my child or other participants for making errors or losing a competition.
• I will respect the officials and their authority during games and will never question, discuss or confront coaches or officials at the game field; and, will take time to speak with coaches at an agreed upon time and place.
• I will demand a sports environment for my child that is free from drugs, tobacco, and alcohol and will refrain from their use at all sports events.
• I will refrain from coaching my child or other players during games and practices, unless I am one of the official coaches of the team or an official coach approved.
Parent Code of Conduct
The essential elements of character building and ethics in sports are embodied in the concept of sportsmanship and six core principles: trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring, and good citizenship. The highest potential of sports is achieved when competition reflects these “six pillars of character”.
I therefore agree:
• I will not force my child to participate in sports.
• I will remember that children participate to have fun and that the game is for youth, not adults.
• I will inform the coach of any physical disability or ailment that may affect the safety of my child or the safety of others.
• I will learn the rules of the game and the policy of the league.
• I (and my guests) will be a positive role model for my child and encourage sportsmanship by showing respect and courtesy, and by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, officials and spectators at every game, practice and event.
• I will teach my child to play by the rules and to resolve conflicts without resorting to hostility or violence.
• I demand that my child treat other players, coaches, officials and spectators with respect regardless of race, creed, color, sex or ability.
• I will teach my child that doing one’s best is more important than winning, so that my child will never feel defeated by the outcome of the game or his/her performance.
• I will praise my child for competing fairly and trying hard, and make my child feel like a winner every time.
• I will emphasize skill development and practices and how they benefit my child over winning. I will also de-emphasize games and competition in the lower age groups.
• I will promote the emotional and physical well being of the athletes ahead of any personal desire I may have for my child to win.
• I also agree that if I fail to abide by the aforementioned rules and guidelines, I will be subject to disciplinary action that could include, but is not limited to the following:
o Verbal warning by an umpire, head coach, and/or league commissioner
o Written warning
o Parent game suspension with written documentation of the incident kept on file by LBYBA
o Game forfeit through the umpire or coach
o Parental season suspension
o Lifetime ban from LBYBA